Real Photo Language Cards: What's the Problem?
Real Photo Language Cards: What's the Problem?
These cards were created to be picture stimuli to discuss relatable problems and talk about the size of the problem, consequences, how you would react, and how you would solve the problem (there are questions probes on the card). These cards are meant to be open ended (no right or wrong answers). The cards were designed to be used at the therapist’s or teacher’s discretion and can be used for social skills, language processing, narrative skills, or just as a conversation starter for carry over. There is no text description of the problem, the student will look at a picture and analyze the visual information. Answers may vary on the child’s perception of the size of the problem. The therapist/teacher may choose to provide a narrative or example if the student needs that level of support. There are 50 total real photo cards in two formats: print and BOOM cards. Please note: I do not support adults imposing their idea of the size of the problem on the child, these cards are meant to be an open discussion.
- Keep in mind, each person will have different ideas about the problems, consequences/reactions, and solutions based their unique backgrounds and experiences. The therapist/teacher should be conscious of this and guide the student in the conversation appropriately.
- This is a good opportunity to discuss the size of the problem and the size of the reaction (but remember, your perception of the problem should not be imposed on the child, they have the right to their own perceptions). I have some students who struggle with this (for example: If I child had a a broken pencil and reacted extremely, we could discuss how we can handle this problem and how regulate ourselves).
- You may not want to use all of the question probes on the side of the card and that is okay. Choose which parts you want to discuss with your students.
- You can expand the activity by sharing examples from your own life that relate to the pictures.
Assembly: Print and laminate the print version. Use a dry erase marker to make a check in the boxes.
BOOM Cards: NONE! Just open up in BOOM learning and play. There are interactive elements on the cards: Tap the parts of speech (this is self checking if you click “submit”). The student also must tap the checkmarks after they answer the two prompts.
This purchase is for printable cards (full page size cards and 1/2 size page cards) + a link for the digital BOOM Cards.
If you are interested in the BOOM deck only, it is available in BOOM learning for sale separately.
Before you purchase this you understand the following about the BOOM card portion of the product:
- To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account. Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to five decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play option available in the Library.
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How to access your purchase: After you make the purchase, you will download a PDF with instructions and a link. You’ll click the link to add the book to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
What does this purchase allow? One license allows you (one SLP/Teacher/Educator) to use the games with all of your students. You must purchase an additional license to share it with a co-worker. This PDF must NOT be shared in any way.
***This is a digital download, you are responsible for printing the product to use.You are responsible for accessing the digital cards through BOOM cards (instructions provided) This purchase is a ONE user license, sharing this file in any way is not permitted. Please respect copyright laws. Exception: You may share a page with your student's caregiver for home practice.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD- NO RETURNS OFFERED (by purchasing this item you are agreeing to this policy)
Physical Product: Refunds are accepted if item arrives damaged or not as described.
Instant Download Instructions
After you purchase is complete, you will receive and link to download if your purchase is or contains a digital product. You will also receive an email confirmation (be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you do not see it).
By purchasing this product, you understand that due to the digital nature, no refunds will be provided. Please ask questions BEFORE you purchase (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If your physical product arrives damaged or you received the wrong item, you must contact us with in 48 hours of purchase to discuss options.
By purchasing or downloading anything on this site, you are agreeing to the following terms:
Paid Product: This is a single user license ONLY. DO NOT share, copy, email, save to a shared drive, or redistribute this file in any way. If you wish to share with a colleague, please purchase an additional license or direct them to my store. For bulk orders email: email@example.com
Free Product: Single user download ONLY! Please direct others to my store if you want to share!
*You may not copy any part of this document (content, layout, format, idea, design) and reproduce it or create a similar product using my idea. All rights reserved to Panda Speech, LLC. This original activity was imagined and created by Amanda Schaumburg, all rights reserved. PLEASE RESPECT COPYRIGHT LAWS!!
**If you are a therapist or educator, you may share a printed copy of a page to your client's caregiver for home practice (this is the only sharing permitted).