Real Photo Language Cards: How Do They Feel?
Real Photo Language Cards: How Do They Feel?
These cards were created to be used for interpreting feelings in a picture. This pack contains 30 full color photos of real people doing relatable things with prompts on the side. I created these cards because I wanted to have more in-depth and meaningful discussions about feelings with my students. These cards have built in prompts to help guide your student to make a personal connection and use inferencing skills. The therapist/teacher can use the cards at their own discretion but here are the skills I target using them in speech therapy sessions:
- Identifying the feeling: They are four choices with multiple correct answers depending on the student’s perspective, if the student responds with a choice not listed, that is okay too.
- Identifying facial expressions and body language clues (ask the student what clues they see in the picture example: furrowed eyebrows/arm crossed).
- Inferencing: The student is asked to guess why they are feeling that way (making inferences about social situations).
- Reflection: The child is asked to reflect on a time they felt that way
Assembly: Print and laminate the print version. Use a dry erase marker to make a check in the boxes.
BOOM Cards: NONE! Just open up in BOOM learning and play. There are interactive elements on the cards: Tap the parts of speech (this is self checking if you click “submit”). The student also must tap the checkmarks after they answer the two prompts.
This purchase is for printable cards (full page size cards and 1/2 size page cards) + a link for the digital BOOM Cards.
If you are interested in the BOOM deck only, it is available in BOOM learning for sale separately.
Before you purchase this you understand the following about the BOOM card portion of the product:
- To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account. Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to five decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play option available in the Library.
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How to access your purchase: After you make the purchase, you will download a PDF with instructions and a link. You’ll click the link to add the book to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
What does this purchase allow? One license allows you (one SLP/Teacher/Educator) to use the games with all of your students. You must purchase an additional license to share it with a co-worker. This PDF must NOT be shared in any way.
***This is a digital download, you are responsible for printing the product to use.You are responsible for accessing the digital cards through BOOM cards (instructions provided) This purchase is a ONE user license, sharing this file in any way is not permitted. Please respect copyright laws. Exception: You may share a page with your student's caregiver for home practice.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD- NO RETURNS OFFERED (by purchasing this item you are agreeing to this policy)
Physical Product: Refunds are accepted if item arrives damaged or not as described.
Instant Download Instructions
After you purchase is complete, you will receive and link to download if your purchase is or contains a digital product. You will also receive an email confirmation (be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you do not see it).
By purchasing this product, you understand that due to the digital nature, no refunds will be provided. Please ask questions BEFORE you purchase (email@example.com)
If your physical product arrives damaged or you received the wrong item, you must contact us with in 48 hours of purchase to discuss options.
By purchasing or downloading anything on this site, you are agreeing to the following terms:
Paid Product: This is a single user license ONLY. DO NOT share, copy, email, save to a shared drive, or redistribute this file in any way. If you wish to share with a colleague, please purchase an additional license or direct them to my store. For bulk orders email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Product: Single user download ONLY! Please direct others to my store if you want to share!
*You may not copy any part of this document (content, layout, format, idea, design) and reproduce it or create a similar product using my idea. All rights reserved to Panda Speech, LLC. This original activity was imagined and created by Amanda Schaumburg, all rights reserved. PLEASE RESPECT COPYRIGHT LAWS!!
**If you are a therapist or educator, you may share a printed copy of a page to your client's caregiver for home practice (this is the only sharing permitted).