Real Photo Language Cards: Compare and Contrast
Real Photo Language Cards: Compare and Contrast
These cards were created to be work on basic compare/contrast skills in three different activities: comparing and contrasting two pictures, which one doesn’t belong, and venn diagrams. I provided a quick compare/contrast review to use with students if needed. The main purpose of this deck was to provide practice but you can use them to teach the concepts too. The picture stimuli are real photos that children can relate to. Comes with printable cards and BOOM cards.
This purchase includes:
- 50 Compare/Contrast Cards. These cards have two pictures and the student is prompted to say how they are alike and different. Print version: the student can check the box with a dry erase marker. Boom version: The student will tap the checkmarks to circle them when they are finished. These cards are not self checking, they are designed to use with a therapist, teacher, or parent providing feedback.
- 24 Which One Doesn’t Belong Cards: The student will look at four pictures and find the one that doesn’t belong. Print version: They will draw an X over the one that doesn’t belong with a dry erase marker (or simply touch it with their finger). They will fill in the blanks and put a checkmark in the boxes (optional). Boom version: They will drag the red X over the one that doesn’t belong. The student will finish the prompts on the card explaining their choice. They will tap the checkmarks to circle them when they are finished. These cards are self checking if the X is placed over a picture and checkmarks are circled (if the student selected the wrong picture, it will pop the X back to the side of the card and you will hear “whoops”sound, this is a BOOM card feature).
- 15 Venn Diagram cards. Print version: Use a dry erase marker to write in the Venn diagram (or print in grayscale and use a pen/pencil). Boom version: The student will drag the facts that are unique to the two pictures to the outside of the circles. They will drag the facts they have in common to the middle where the circles overlap. These cards are self checking and if they answer wrong, it will pop the words back to the bottom and they can try again (it will play the “whoops” sound).
BOOM CARD Instructions: Follow the instructions on the top of each card.
Printed version instructions: The student can use a dry erase marker to interact with cards (optional). The therapist, teacher, or student can read the instructions/prompts if needed. I recommend printing and laminating for continued use! The printable version includes all of the cards from the BOOM deck in a printable format. The Venn diagram are full page size to allow more room for writing in answers.
This purchase is for printable cards (full page size cards and 1/2 size page cards) + a link for the digital BOOM Cards.
If you are interested in the BOOM deck only, it is available in BOOM learning for sale separately.
Before you purchase this you understand the following about the BOOM card portion of the product:
- To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account. Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to five decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play option available in the Library.
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How to access your purchase: After you make the purchase, you will download a PDF with instructions and a link. You’ll click the link to add the book to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
What does this purchase allow? One license allows you (one SLP/Teacher/Educator) to use the games with all of your students. You must purchase an additional license to share it with a co-worker. This PDF must NOT be shared in any way.
***This is a digital download, you are responsible for printing the product to use.You are responsible for accessing the digital cards through BOOM cards (instructions provided) This purchase is a ONE user license, sharing this file in any way is not permitted. Please respect copyright laws. Exception: You may share a page with your student's caregiver for home practice.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD- NO RETURNS OFFERED (by purchasing this item you are agreeing to this policy)
Physical Product: Refunds are accepted if item arrives damaged or not as described.
Instant Download Instructions
After you purchase is complete, you will receive and link to download if your purchase is or contains a digital product. You will also receive an email confirmation (be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you do not see it).
By purchasing this product, you understand that due to the digital nature, no refunds will be provided. Please ask questions BEFORE you purchase (email@example.com)
If your physical product arrives damaged or you received the wrong item, you must contact us with in 48 hours of purchase to discuss options.
By purchasing or downloading anything on this site, you are agreeing to the following terms:
Paid Product: This is a single user license ONLY. DO NOT share, copy, email, save to a shared drive, or redistribute this file in any way. If you wish to share with a colleague, please purchase an additional license or direct them to my store. For bulk orders email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Product: Single user download ONLY! Please direct others to my store if you want to share!
*You may not copy any part of this document (content, layout, format, idea, design) and reproduce it or create a similar product using my idea. All rights reserved to Panda Speech, LLC. This original activity was imagined and created by Amanda Schaumburg, all rights reserved. PLEASE RESPECT COPYRIGHT LAWS!!
**If you are a therapist or educator, you may share a printed copy of a page to your client's caregiver for home practice (this is the only sharing permitted).