Real Photo Language Cards: Categories & More! Print and Digital Cards
Real Photo Language Cards: Categories & More! Print and Digital Cards
These cards were created to work on basic categories in three different formats (two expressive and one receptive). I provided a quick categories review to use with students if needed. The main purpose of this deck was to provide practice but you can use them to teach the concepts too. The picture stimuli are real photos that children can relate to. Print and Digital options (Digital options on BOOM cards)
This purchase includes:
- 37 Name the Category Cards: These cards have an image of multiple items and the students are prompted to name the category. There is a carrier phrase at the bottom that you can use to help elicit the category (“They are all _____”). I also included a hidden clue in the digital version to use if the child is having difficulty naming the category (optional). The student will slide the box down to reveal the clue. If you are using the printed card, you can provide a verbal cue as needed. I have included 20 main categories and subcategories for food, animals, and clothing. The purpose of these cards is for the student to respond orally (there is no self checking element or multiple choice option in the digital version).
- 25 Name 3 items in a Category: These cards have three checkmarks for the students tap as they name three items in the category prompted. There is a hidden clue to help the student if they need help getting started (there is picture of one of the items to help them get started naming in the digital version). The student will slide the box down to reveal the clue. The purpose of this card is for the student to respond orally, there is an interactive element of tapping the checkmarks as you name the items in the digital version. If you are using the printed version, they can tap the boxes or use a dry erase marker to check the boxes as they go.
- 16 Tap the Category: There is a grid of 12 pictures and the student is asked to tap all of the items in the given category. In the digital version, the student will click “submit" to see if they selected the correct pictures. This is a receptive task (unlike the other two tasks that are expressive). In the printed version they can tap the pictures with their finger or circle them with a dry erase marker.
BOOM CARD Instructions: Follow the instructions on the top of each card. I included audio for all instructions, prompts, and clues on the cards (the student can tap the speaker button when needed).
Printed version instructions: The student can use a dry erase marker to circle the answer or simply point to it. The therapist, teacher, or student can read the instructions/prompts if needed. I recommend printing and laminating for continued use! The printable version includes all of the cards from the BOOM deck in a printable format.
This purchase is for printable cards (full page size cards and 1/2 size page cards) + a link for the digital BOOM Cards.
If you are interested in the BOOM deck only, it is available in BOOM learning for sale separately.
Before you purchase this you understand the following about the BOOM card portion of the product:
- To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account. Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to five decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play option available in the Library.
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How to access your purchase: After you make the purchase, you will download a PDF with instructions and a link. You’ll click the link to add the book to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
What does this purchase allow? One license allows you (one SLP/Teacher/Educator) to use the games with all of your students. You must purchase an additional license to share it with a co-worker. This PDF must NOT be shared in any way.
***This is a digital download, you are responsible for printing the product to use.You are responsible for accessing the digital cards through BOOM cards (instructions provided) This purchase is a ONE user license, sharing this file in any way is not permitted. Please respect copyright laws. Exception: You may share a page with your student's caregiver for home practice.
Please note: This file will be delivered in a zipped compressed file (it contains 2 files: The color version and black & white version).
To unzip on a Mac:
- Double click the zipped file.
- The file will automatically be decompressed by Archive Utility into the same folder the compressed file is in.
- Access the extracted files by clicking the appropriate icons.
- You can drag them into a file on your computer or add them to your Google Drive or Dropbox.
To unzip on a PC:
- Double-click the zip file you want to unzip OR right-click to select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
- The zip file will open a folder, showing you the individual files inside.
- Select all the files and drag them out of the folder to another location on your computer.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD- NO RETURNS OFFERED (by purchasing this item you are agreeing to this policy)
Physical Product: Refunds are accepted if item arrives damaged or not as described.
Instant Download Instructions
After you purchase is complete, you will receive and link to download if your purchase is or contains a digital product. You will also receive an email confirmation (be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you do not see it).
By purchasing this product, you understand that due to the digital nature, no refunds will be provided. Please ask questions BEFORE you purchase (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If your physical product arrives damaged or you received the wrong item, you must contact us with in 48 hours of purchase to discuss options.
By purchasing or downloading anything on this site, you are agreeing to the following terms:
Paid Product: This is a single user license ONLY. DO NOT share, copy, email, save to a shared drive, or redistribute this file in any way. If you wish to share with a colleague, please purchase an additional license or direct them to my store. For bulk orders email: email@example.com
Free Product: Single user download ONLY! Please direct others to my store if you want to share!
*You may not copy any part of this document (content, layout, format, idea, design) and reproduce it or create a similar product using my idea. All rights reserved to Panda Speech, LLC. This original activity was imagined and created by Amanda Schaumburg, all rights reserved. PLEASE RESPECT COPYRIGHT LAWS!!
**If you are a therapist or educator, you may share a printed copy of a page to your client's caregiver for home practice (this is the only sharing permitted).