Groundhog day Vocabulary No-Print Unit ~ Print & Go
Groundhog day Vocabulary No-Print Unit ~ Print & Go
Teach Groundhog Day Vocabulary with this no prep packet. Packed full of great activities for elementary aged students. Perfect for elementary social studies lessons, ELA/vocabulary lessons, or to incorporate into speech therapy sessions. Can be used by anyone! You may learn something new too! Now includes a BOOM card version for a digital option (please be advised not all content in the print version is included in the BOOM card version).
This packet was designed to target common vocabulary associated with Groundhog Day.
There are a variety of activities to learn the vocabulary. This packet was made for 2nd -5th grade students but can be used with younger/older depending on skill level.
What's included (all using Groundhog Day Vocabulary)
★ Vocabulary Word List (great to use as a word bank for writing assignments)
★ Vocabulary Flash Cards (simple definitions and pictures)
★Non-Fiction Text Story with comprehension questions
(3 formats for questions: writing, multiple choice, & verbal)
★ Vocabulary Match: The student will draw a line from the word (with a picture) to its definition
★Groundhog Day Synonyms: The student will draw a line from the word to its synonym
★Groundhog Day Venn Diagrams: Compare/contrast Earth Day vocabulary
(included: groundhog vs. beaver, winter vs. spring, and blank)
★Groundhog Day prediction writing prompt: The student will predict if the groundhog will see its shadow and write about why the chose it.
★Groundhog Day Word Search:
★Groundhog Day Crossword Puzzle: The clues are the definition! Word bank provided
★My Groundhog Mini-Book: Make and take book with facts about groundhogs. Comprehension pages included with the book.
★Groundhog Day Bingo (4 different boards to use in groups): The clue cards are definitions
★BOOM Card version that includes eight activities (6 from the print version and 2 new activities): Non-fiction text and questions, vocabulary cards/match, Venn diagram, groundhog facts book and questions, synonym match, groundhog predictions (student get to pick what they predict/want to happen), vocabulary fill in the blank, and a bonus feed the groundhog card.
***Answer keys included in a separate file in this download!
Please note: This file will be delivered in a zipped compressed file. Please make sure you understand how to open a zipped file BEFORE you purchase this product.
To unzip on a Mac:
- Double click the zipped file.
- The file will automatically be decompressed by Archive Utility into the same folder the compressed file is in.
- Access the extracted files by clicking the appropriate icons.
- You can drag them into a file on your computer or add them to your Google Drive or Dropbox.
To unzip on a PC:
- Double-click the zip file you want to unzip OR right-click to select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
- The zip file will open a folder, showing you the individual files inside.
- Select all the files and drag them out of the folder to another location on your computer.
***This is a digital download, you are responsible for printing the product to use. This purchase is a ONE user license, sharing this file in any way is not permitted. Please respect copyright laws. Exception: You may share a page with your student's caregiver for home practice.
Before you purchase this you understand the following about the BOOM card portion of the product:
- To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account. Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to five decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play option available in the Library.
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How to access your purchase: After you make the purchase, you will download a PDF with instructions and a link. You’ll click the link to add the book to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD- NO RETURNS OFFERED (by purchasing this item you are agreeing to this policy)
Physical Product: Refunds are accepted if item arrives damaged or not as described.
After you purchase is complete, you will receive and link to download this product. You will also receive an email confirmation (be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you do not see it).
By purchasing this product, you understand that due to the digital nature, no refunds will be provided. Please ask questions BEFORE you purchase (email@example.com)
By purchasing or downloading anything on this site, you are agreeing to the following terms:
Paid Product: This is a single user license ONLY. DO NOT share, copy, email, save to a shared drive, or redistribute this file in any way. If you wish to share with a colleague, please purchase an additional license or direct them to my store. For bulk orders email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Product: Single user download ONLY! Please direct others to my store if you want to share!
*You may not copy any part of this document (content, layout, format, idea, design) and reproduce it or create a similar product using my idea. All rights reserved to Panda Speech, LLC. This original activity was imagined and created by Amanda Schaumburg, all rights reserved. PLEASE RESPECT COPYRIGHT LAWS!!
**If you are a therapist or educator, you may share a printed copy of a page to your client's caregiver for home practice (this is the only sharing permitted).